Lingering Garden (Liu Yuan)

Video media is not embedded in this local archive.
Author: travelchinaguide.com
From: China
Views: 4518
Uploaded: Jul 16, 2014 04:08
Sorry, only one vote is allowed for each video.
5
Originally called Eastern Garden, it was a private garden that belonged to Xu Taishi, an official of the Ming Dynasty. After his demise, this garden went to rack and ruin. In 1798, a new garden was built on the site of the Eastern Garden. Since its owner’s family name is Liu, it was commonly known as Liu Yuan (Liu’s Garden).
National Geographic
The New York Times
Lonely Planet
The Telegraph
USA Today